Ken Ohsaka, Freelance Japanese Translator/Interpreter
11/04 – Present
Served for various clients directly or through translation service providers.
Major Projects :
1. Translated materials of patented Japanese technology for introduction in the
USA (approx. 500 pages).
2. Translated class action lawsuit materials (approx. 1000 pages)
3. Translated a hose manufacturer's website.
4. Translated an automobile part manufacturer's website.
5. Translated network router manuals (approx. 500 pages).
6. Reviewed automotive defect litigation related docs (full time for 11/2 years).
Part-time Freelance Translator
10/95 – 10/04
Worked for various clients directly or through translation service providers in
evenings and on weekends.
Full-time Independent Contractor
Amerigon Incorporated Arcadia, CA 8/94 – 9/95
Translated English/Japanese technical specifications and documents for
automotive electronics, particularly automotive CD players manufactured by five
Served as interpreter in technical meetings with visiting Japanese engineers.
Part-time Independent Contractor
University Microfilms International Ann Arbor, MI 1/87 – 12/87
Produced English abstracts of articles in over 30 Japanese scientific and technical
journals and magazines monthly.
Research Associate Professor: University of Southern California, 8/01 – 10/04
Research Engineer: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 1/88 – 7/01
Design Engineer: Hitachi Koki (in Japan), 4/77 – 8/79
Ph.D.: Materials Science and Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
M.S. : Metallurgical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
M.S. : Mechanical Engineering, Tokushima University (in Japan)
B.S. : Mechanical Engineering, Tokushima University
Member of Northern California Translators Association
Member of Japan Overseas Interpreters Network
Technical Japanese-English Translation Solutions